I met Tunde when I was 26. He was my first love, the man who made me believe in forever...

I met Tunde when I was 26. He was my first love, the man who made me believe in forever. We spent 11 years together, sharing dreams, laughter, and countless secrets. He disvirgined me, and I believed in our love so deeply that I sacrificed everything for him, even enduring the pain of aborting pregnancies six times because he wasn't ready to be a father. But now, at 37, I face the harsh truth my body can no longer carry a child.

Tunde, ever the sweet talker, promised marriage, insisting that I had been the foundation of his success. I supported him through thick and thin, helping him rise in his career. But on the day of our traditional engagement, everything fell apart. His parents revealed in court that another woman was pregnant with his child, and they were already planning a wedding for him and this new woman.

I was devastated, but my siblings urged me to continue with the marriage. "You've come too far to turn back now," they said. Torn between their advice and my own heartbreak, I went through with the wedding.

A year into the marriage, I am miserable. I can't shake the suspicion that Tunde is still seeing the other woman. My fears were confirmed when his parents came to me again, announcing that she was pregnant with another child. But this time, Tunde refused to accept responsibility. He admitted that the first child was his, but denied the second pregnancy, claiming he had nothing to do with the woman anymore.

Now, feeling betrayed and empty, I've moved out and rented my own apartment. Looking back, I realize that I have nothing to show for the years I spent with Tunde. Despite all my sacrifices, he never secured anything in my name no assets, no investments, nothing. Everything we've built is in his name, and now, with the truth out in the open, I'm left with nothing. All I have is the pain of his betrayal and the empty promises he made.

I'm seeking legal advice, unsure if there's anything left to salvage. Should I stay in a marriage where I've gained nothing but heartache, with a husband who claims to love me but has taken everything for himself? Or should I walk away and start over, knowing that I deserve more than just empty words and broken promises?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Do When Your Boss Asks You to Train Your Replacement

"But was it fair? Was his decision just?" Madam Ireti Tells her Story of Regret

Managing Intimacy in a Single-Room Apartment with Kids: Navigating Privacy in a Busy Urban Lifestyle

"What Should I do? It wasn't My Intention For Her To Die"

This is so Interesting, Take A Chair, Sit and Enjoy.