"I Turned in a Fly to follow my husband to the Interview to make sure he fails"

I never thought I’d find myself here, sitting across from you, baring my soul like this. But I can’t keep it inside anymore. The weight of what I’ve done is crushing me, and I need to confess. Maybe then, I can find a way to make things right if that’s even possible.

Chijioke, my husband, he’s a good man. A kind, hopeful man who has always believed that if he just kept trying, if he just held on, things would get better. For 15 years, he’s worked tirelessly, trying to pull us out of poverty, always thinking the next opportunity would be the one to change our lives. But what he never knew, what I’ve kept hidden from him all this time, is that I’ve been the reason for our misery. I’m the one who’s kept us trapped in this cycle of poverty and despair.

You see, I come from a line of women with dark powers witches. For years, I buried that part of me, tried to live a normal life. But as the years went on and our struggles seemed endless, I began to resent Chijioke. His optimism, his relentless drive to make things better, only made me feel worse like I was the failure, the one who couldn’t rise above our circumstances.

So, I started using my powers. I know it sounds unbelievable, but it’s the truth. For 15 years, I’ve been working against Chijioke, casting spells to make sure every opportunity he had would slip through his fingers. It gave me a twisted sense of control, a way to cope with my own bitterness. But the worst thing I ever did, the thing I’ll never forgive myself for, was what I did during his big job interview last year.

Chijioke was so hopeful that day, so sure that this job would finally turn things around for us. But I couldn’t stand the thought of him succeeding. So, after he left the house, I used my magic to transform into a fly. I followed him to the interview, unseen, and once we were in that office, I did everything I could to sabotage him.

I buzzed around the interviewer’s head, landed on his suit, his desk, anywhere I could to irritate him. I watched as his patience wore thin, as he became more and more distracted. And then, I did something truly cruel I landed on Chijioke’s shoulder. The interviewer snapped, accused Chijioke of smelling bad, of being unprofessional, and threw him out. I watched the hope die in Chijioke’s eyes, and I knew it was all my fault.

When he came home that day, defeated, broken, I pretended to comfort him. But inside, I was consumed with guilt and self-loathing. I’ve been the reason for every failure, every missed opportunity. It wasn’t bad luck or fate it was me, driven by my own bitterness and fear.

And now, Chijioke knows the truth. I finally confessed to him what I’ve done how I’ve been sabotaging our lives for 15 years. I saw the look in his eyes when I told him. The hurt, the betrayal…it broke me. And now, he wants to divorce me. He can’t stand to be near me, and who could blame him? I’ve destroyed everything we had, all because I couldn’t handle my own darkness.

But here’s the thing I love him. I love him more than anything, and the thought of losing him is tearing me apart. I know I’ve done terrible things, and I don’t deserve his forgiveness, but I don’t know what to do. How do I fix this? How do I make up for 15 years of pain and betrayal?

I’m desperate, lost, and I don’t know where to turn. I’m asking for your advice, for any help you can give me. How can I show Chijioke that I’m truly sorry? How can I convince him that I’m willing to change, to be the wife he deserves? I don’t want to lose him, not after everything. But I don’t know if I can ever undo the damage I’ve caused. 

Please, if you have any advice, anything I can do to make this right, tell me. Because without him, I don’t know who I am anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Do When Your Boss Asks You to Train Your Replacement

I met Tunde when I was 26. He was my first love, the man who made me believe in forever...

"But was it fair? Was his decision just?" Madam Ireti Tells her Story of Regret

Managing Intimacy in a Single-Room Apartment with Kids: Navigating Privacy in a Busy Urban Lifestyle

"What Should I do? It wasn't My Intention For Her To Die"

This is so Interesting, Take A Chair, Sit and Enjoy.